My second wave of depression has lead me to Prozac. In my previous post, I stated what is Prozac, and in this post I am going to share with you why I need it and how’s my reaction to it so far.
One night, I was crying non-stop, feeling so anxious, walking around my room, and feeling suicidal. I know something must be wrong with me this time. I am crying again, but I don’t know why. Or maybe I don’t want to know why. I have to get help. I need to go to the Emergency Department for this. And that’s how I landed with Prozac in my mouth. The doctor gave me a prescription for Prozac for 1 week. Before reaching 1 week, I was admitted to the GH for 5 days because I had viral fever. 39.5C plus with a 160 heart rate sent me straight to the Red Zone. I stopped my meds for a while because I didn’t expect to be admitted. After being warded, I got another prescription of 40mg Prozac for 1 month. Now, I’m on 60mg Prozac for 1 month.
1st Week of 20mg Prozac (1 pill)
- The crying stopped
- I am mostly emotionless
1st Month of 40mg Prozac (2 pills)
- Having a hard time to fall asleep for the first 2 weeks. I slept around 4-5am.
- I have anxiety at night time, especially when I couldn’t sleep. THIS SERIOUSLY SUCKS. I am rolling on my bed here and there feeling anxious plus cannot sleep and I don’t know what to do.
- Less crying, but it sucks when you want to cry but cannot haha. I also cried suddenly at times.
- Towards the end of the month, I had a fucking headache that made me not stable to stand and walk. Vomited twice. Not sure if its the Prozac effect or nah.
1st Week of 60mg Prozac (3 pills)
- The headache continues. I’ve been prescribed meds for it but it only helps me sleep. After that, I am feeling unstable again, and if I shift my head from a position too fast, I will start feeling even worse and nauseous.
- Sleeps more. Because of the headache and lack of motivation.
- Feeling extremely happy sometimes.
- Less anxious.
So that’s how it goes. Thank you for reading!